- Location: Griffith, New South Wales, Australia
- Application: 4 x 90kW Motors
- Energy Saving: ~35%
- Power Factor: Increased from 0.85 to 0.99
- Peak Load (kVa): Decreased on average 30%
- Network Charges: Decreased on average 30%
- Energy Consumption: Decreased 25%
- Return on Investment: 1 Year
Mandole’ Almonds is a 600 acre Almond farm run by the Dinicola family just outside of Griffith in the Riverina. They run a high pressure drip irrigation system delivering water from a central pumping station consisting of 4 – 90kw motors.
Right Energy Solutions and FW Worldwide were tasked with reducing the cost of running the very energy intensive irrigation requirements.
With their understanding of how electricity is charged to a commercial customer and their unparalleled understanding of AC induction motors, they were able to identify and address 3 key areas, Power consumption, Power Factor and Peak demand. The resulting savings based on 3 months of bills since installation should amount to over $70,000 in the first year.