FW have developed specific solutions for HVAC applications
Given their requirements for 24/7 operation – Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning motors provide FW clients some of the most substantial return on investment opportunities. The majority of these motors are over-engineered for their given application, and thus present opportunity for significant energy reductions. Typical reductions in energy consumption can be expected between 35-70%.
However, applying VFD technology to these critical applications is not at all simple or easy. Each application has its own capabilities, limitations and successes, and requires a specialist approach to ensure these systems remain functional and reliable under constant changes in demand and load fluctuations.
Air Handling Unit (AHU)
- Reduce energy costs- Variable torque load characteristics use less energy as speed is reduced.
- Reduce supply demand- Drives reduce starting current by 6-10 times.
- Reduce noise in buildings- Air flow noise decreases by eliminating starts and stops and optimising flow rates.
- Reduce shock and vibration- Drive avoids running at speeds near resonant frequencies and provides controlled acceleration.
- Increased life of motor belts- FW Solutions provide low torque starts reducing stress on belts, pulleys and keys.
Water Condenser Chiller
- Reduce energy consumption- Provide improved efficiency and reduce energy requirements.
- Provide continuous operation- Restart a spinning motor after momentary powerloss.
- Reduce energy costs- Variable torque load characteristics uses less energy as speed is reduced.
- Reduce demand charges- VFD’s reduce motor starting current by 6 -10 times.
- Control of pressure of flow – The drive can automate the pressure flow with just a single pressure transducer. IFM Transducers are regarded as the highest quality in the industry.
- Prevention of water hammer, pipe stress, valve, pumps and cavitation prevention extends the life of the entire system.